CB6

A blog for the chiobus =)

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Xiaowei keep talking! I like your talks and philosophisings.

I don't talk much. I don't have much to say. I'm very happy when I'm working with people who talk non-stop. Then there's no awkward silences, I don't have to wreck my brains to think of something intelligent or witty or funny to say.

I don't really like the environment in my current lab cos nobody talks to anybody else when they work unless they need help. Yeah, you should concentrate when you work, but I really miss the lab that I was in when i was in Singapore, everybody listen to radio, talk crap while working. Here it's just the constant loud background noise of ventilators and centrifuges and freezers.

I'm taking a lab class now and we work in groups of 3. I'm so glad that one of my lab partners talk non-stop, even though he talks like he knows everything when he doesn't. I don't mind cos if not the hour-long waiting time will be torturous. The other lab partner is very shy and doesn't say anything and doesn't really participate in our experiments, so it's like he doesn't exist, though we really should make an effort to include him more.. hee

Last point, haha, writing long essay here. I had to do a debate for my Humanities class. 5 people in each team. My team is filled with people who love talking. So when we were discussing arguments, we took forever but it was fun cos they just kept talking crap. And we came up with tricks that made my professor very happy. So yay! And we won the debate even though we knew that the audience will naturally side the other team cos we're arguing for "the abolishment of private property", so double yay!

Anyway the point is, talking more is good. Yes words might hurt others but the percentage of words that hurt others is so low that you should just keep talking. Just think before talking?

Let's skype some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home